The mission of the Oregon Doula Association is to serve as a unifying, inclusive, statewide professional organization for all doulas, providing support and resources for doulas as well as promoting public education and advocacy on the benefits of doula care.
That every doula working in Oregon has the support and resources needed to be recognized as an integrated professional and have a sustainable career.
That every family in Oregon has equal access to compassionate and professional doula care, allowing them to feel supported, empowered and safe, resulting in improved holistic health outcomes and equity for all parents and babies.
Goals and Values:
- To represent the mutual interests of Oregon doulas through collaborative dialogue, professional development, and supportive resources.
- To advocate for the increased integration of all doulas as standards of practice in maternity care through public relation activities and education to families, care providers, third party payers and healthcare systems.
- To enable doulas to be fully and appropriately integrated with sustainable careers in the maternity care system through involvement in state legislation, policy formation, grant writing and activism.
- To improve professional standards, endorse appropriate scopes of practice and uphold professional codes of ethics.
- To be an inclusive organization that actively seeks to foster diversity and advance inclusive, peer support practices among individuals and families of various social identities, worldviews, and backgrounds, including racial/ethnic, linguistic, cultural, gender, socioeconomic status, and all lived experiences.
- To ultimately improve maternal and infant holistic health outcomes, assure health care equity, and cultivate culturally appropriate, evidence-based, family-centered and humanistic maternity care for Oregon families.